Does the new version of Outlook for Mac (late 2014 release) support third party apps? Rest of my team on Windows has access to a plug in available through the Microsoft App Store that I badly need on my Mac (CRM app Insightly which integrates with Outlook). Best Free Mac Apps 2014 March 11, 2014 / Andy / 2,359 Comments. Best Free Mac Apps of 2014. Click here to check out the updated list for 2016. Mac veterans have been singing Alfred's praises for years, but some of Apple’s newer users might not have heard about the mighty app launcher. Free to all but the most serious professionals. Top apps for OS X. Mac apps are a great way to get more from your Yosemite toting Macbook AirorMac Mini.TheMac App Store is filled with Mac games and handy apps, both free and paid, that can. These apps should make the time you spend on your Mac more pleasant and productive. And some of them might become so indispensable, you’ll wonder how you ever managed to get by without them. But no list of software is ever complete, so we invite you to share your favorite, must-have Mac apps in the comments.
Apple on Monday unveiled its Best of 2014 list, an annual roundup of what it says are the top apps and games of the year.
Topping Apple’s list this year are Elevate, a brain-training app, and Threes!, a puzzle game with a unique design.
Instagram’s Hyperlapse videography app and Leo’s Fortune, a platform game, were named runners-up.
Also making the list of Top Apps:
- Yahoo News Digest
- Toca Lab
- NYT Now
- 120 Sports
- Star Walk 2
- Health Mate
And Top Games:
- Monument Valley
- Hitman GO
- Ruzzle Adventure
- Battleheart Legacy
- World of Warriors
- XCOM: Enemy Within
- Smash Hit
- Spider-Man Unlimited
- Wayward Souls
- Trials Frontier
- Adventure Beaks
- FarmVille 2: County Escape
- Rival Knights
- Crazy Taxi City Rush
- Castle Doombad: Free to Slay
- Royal Revolt 2
- Bonza Word Puzzle
Check out Apple’s Best of 2014 list for yourself in iTunes.
Get The Brief. Sign up to receive the top stories you need to know right now.
Thank you!For your security, we've sent a confirmation email to the address you entered. Click the link to confirm your subscription and begin receiving our newsletters. If you don't get the confirmation within 10 minutes, please check your spam folder.
Read next: 50 Best iPhone Apps, 2014 Edition
How to get updates for macOS Mojave or later
If you've upgraded to macOS Mojave or later, follow these steps to keep it up to date:
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Software Update to check for updates.
- If any updates are available, click the Update Now button to install them. Or click ”More info” to see details about each update and select specific updates to install.
- When Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are also up to date. That includes Safari, iTunes, Books, Messages, Mail, Calendar, Photos, and FaceTime.
To find updates for iMovie, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and other apps that were downloaded separately from the App Store, open the App Store on your Mac, then click the Updates tab.
To automatically install macOS updates in the future, including apps that were downloaded separately from the App Store, select ”Automatically keep my Mac up to date.” Your Mac will notify you when updates require it to restart, so you can always choose to install those later.
How to get updates for earlier macOS versions
If you're using an earlier macOS, such as macOS High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or earlier,* follow these steps to keep it up to date:
- Open the App Store app on your Mac.
- Click Updates in the App Store toolbar.
- Use the Update buttons to download and install any updates listed.
- When the App Store shows no more updates, the installed version of macOS and all of its apps are up to date. That includes Safari, iTunes, iBooks, Messages, Mail, Calendar, Photos, and FaceTime. Later versions may be available by upgrading your macOS.
To automatically download updates in the future, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click App Store, then select ”Download newly available updates in the background.” Your Mac will notify you when updates are ready to install.
* If you're using OS X Lion or Snow Leopard, get OS X updates by choosing Apple menu > Software Update.
How to get updates for iOS
Apps For Mac 2014 Download
Learn how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS.
2014 Mac Os
Mac Pro 2014
- Learn how to upgrade to the latest version of macOS.
- Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
- You can redownload apps that you previously downloaded from the App Store.
- Your Mac doesn't automatically download large updates when it's using a Personal Hotspot.