VNC® Connect is the latest version of our remote access software for personal and commercial use. It consists of a VNC® Server app for the computer you want to control, which must be licensed, and a VNC® Viewer app that you are free to download to all the devices you want to control from. After setting this up, you can now remotely control your Mac with any free VNC viewer (e.g. Chicken of the VNC), running on Mac OS X or any other OS.Of course, you can't use all the other cool Apple Remote Desktop control features on the above screen, but being able to use a free VNC server is a nice touch!
VNC Connect (RealVNC)- a free (for home non-commercial use) program for remote access and control of computers running operating systems Windows, Mac OS X, UNIX or Linux. Remote access is performed via Internet or LAN, and possible from another computer or even mobile device. VNC is a valuable tool for remote connection, to share printers, transfer files or chat.
RealVNC, the program consists of two parts – server (VNC Connect) and the client (VNC Viewer). VNC Connect is installed on the computer which should be controlled and a VNC Viewer runs on the workstation one or more.
Main features VNC Connect:
- Operating system support – Windows, Mac OS X, UNIX, Linux.
- Access from any PC.
- Access from mobile devices based on Android and iOS.
- Access from the web application.
- VNC authentication.
- Desktop control on your local network or over the Internet.
- Convenient address book.
- Free manage up to five computers at the same time
Let’s see how it looks like on my Android tablet
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
1. Register an account on the official website RealVNC
2. Activate your free subscription (but you can also choose a paid subscription)
3. Download DEB package from download page
4. Install at least the server package
5. Once installed, open a terminal window and run the following commands:
See All Results For This Question
The Best VNC Screen-Sharing Software
6. Right-click the VNC Server icon in the notification area, select ‘Licensing…’ and sign in with the email address and password you’re using for the RealVNC account portal.
7. On VNC Viewer, sign in with the same email address and password. The list of computers on your account will appear in your team. To access them, double-click the appropriate icon. There’s no requirement to enter an IP address or hostname.
NOTE that Linux Mint is not a supported distro for VNC and may not function as expected. But on my computer everything works perfectly.
As you can see, nothing complicated, for me, this program is now a MUST-HAVE!
May the Force be with you,
The site has moved to a new engine, help me fix bugs, send me your notify by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.
See Full List On Realvnc.com
|Version||Software download||Policy template files||VNC Permissions Creator|
|6.1.1||PKG 10.10 and later||Download||x86/x64|
|6.1.0||PKG 10.10 and later||Download||x86/x64|
|6.0.3||PKG 10.10 and later||Download||x86/x64|
|6.0.2||PKG 10.10 and later||Download||x86/x64|
|6.0.1||PKG 10.10 and later||Download||x86/x64|
|6.0.0||PKG 10.10 and later||Download||x86/x64|
|5.3.3||PKG 10.9 and later||PKG 10.6 to 10.8||Download||x86/x64|
|5.3.2||PKG 10.9 and later||PKG 10.6 to 10.8||Download||x86/x64|
|5.3.1||PKG 10.9 and later||PKG 10.6 to 10.8||Download||x86/x64|
|5.3.0||PKG 10.9 and later||PKG 10.6 to 10.8||Download||x86/x64|
|5.2.3||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only||Download||Universal|
|5.2.2||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only||Download||Universal|
|5.2.1||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only||Download||Universal|
|5.2.0||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only||Download||Universal|
|5.1.1||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only||Download||Universal|
|5.1.0||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only||Download||Universal|
|5.0.7||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only|
|5.0.5||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only|
|5.0.4||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only|
|5.0.3||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only|
|5.0.2||PKG 10.5 and later||DMG 10.4 only|
|5.0.1||DMG 10.4 and later|
|5.0.0||DMG 10.4 and later|