Portable-VirtualBox is a free and open source software tool that lets you run any operating system from a usb stick without separate installation.
- Why don't you create Portable Apps for Mac OS X? Mac is getting popular and popular (and I love Mac too!!!!:D).
- The program automatically saves your progress, and, when you open the program, it reloads the last files you had open, so you can jump right back into your writing. It runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac, and for Windows you can download a portable version from the PortableApps.com site. Image Editors and Viewers.
Free Portable Apps to take with you on a USB Flash Drive. Reviewed and categorized Free Portable Software, Portable Freeware, and Open Source Portable Applications that can be stored and run directly from a USB Flash Drive, without the need to install the software to a PC. OS X portable applications are packaged so you can carry around on any portable device, USB thumb drive, iPod, portable hard drive, memory card, other portable device (or also on your internal hard disk), taking your preferences with you.
- Download and run Portable-VirtualBox_v5.1.22-Starter_v6.4.10-Win_all.exe.
- Choose a folder to extract to.
- Go to the folder and run Portable-VirtualBox.exe. You'll see a window like the one below:
- If you have already downloaded the installer for VirtualBox from www.virtualbox.org click search and navigate to the file. If not, click 'Download The Installation Files of VirtualBox.' Portable-VirtualBox will show you the download's progress.
- Once the installer is download, check the boxes that are appropriate and click OK. Portable-VirtualBox will extract the files it needs from the VirtualBox installer, and restart itself afterward if you select the last checkbox.
Portable-VirtualBox makes default settings automatically. You can modify them by pressing CTRL-5 or opening the tray menu while Portable-VirtualBox is running. Either action will bring up the configuration GUI below. The Hokey-Settings tab is shown open in the image below:
- Splash screen to start and end
- Configurable Home Directory
- Launch the VirtualBox GUI or directly launch a VM
- Configure the hotkeys for managing your virtual machine
- Configure USB and network support
- Choose language for GUI
- Saves settings in editable *.ini-files
- Can automatically check for VirtualBox updates
- All absolute paths in the VirtualBox.xml are replaced automatically by relative paths
- Checks to make sure VirtualBox files exist
Install files signature
All install files after launcher version 6.4.10 is digitally signed. Signer is “Open Source Developer, Runar Buvik”, certificate is issued by Certum Level III CA. This is temporarily disabled until a new certificate arrives in the mail.
VirtualBox needs several kernel drivers installed and needs to start several services: if the drivers and services are not already installed you'll need administrator rights to run Portable-VirtualBox.
When Portable-VirtualBox starts, it checks to see if the drivers are installed. If they are not it will install them before running VirtualBox and will remove them afterward. Similarly, Portable-VirtualBox checks to see if the services are running. If not, it will start them and then stop them when it exits.
If you want to save space you can remove the language files for other languages than your own. That can save you nearly 10 MB. They are in the nls directory.
You can also delete the documentation saving nearly 5 MB. You will find it in the doc directory.
When the VM is running you must press the 'Host-Key' (initially configured as the right CTRL-Key) to be able to use the other Hotkeys since otherwise the VM will have the focus.
- To download of Portable-VirtualBox
- Unpack from Portable-VirtualBox
- Start from Portable-VirtualBox
- Attitudes open (Tray --> attitudes, CTRL+5) --> rider Network (Tab) --> VirtualBox with network support start --> memory (save)
- Terminate from Portable-VirtualBox
- Start from Portable-VirtualBox
- Driver installation agree
- Selection of a VM and the network map to host interfaces stop
- Attitudes make
Languages of Launcher
English, German, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Polish, Russian and Ukrainian.
None of the files that come from VirtualBox are modified or otherwise changed.
Free Apps For Mac Computer
Portable-VirtualBox downloads the VirtualBox installer which contains all of the VirtualBox files and drivers. Portable-VirtualBox unpacks the files and stores them in subdirectories . Portable-Virtualbox can also compress them in order to save space.
Portable Apps For Mac Computers