Microsoft publisher has been around for a long time but it has never been able to run on Apple computers. If you’re like me you probably have friends who have Microsoft publisher files they occasionally email you. Sadly there is no way to open a Microsoft publisher file on a Mac, until now. Microsoft publisher free download - iStudio Publisher, Swift Publisher, Microsoft Office 2011, and many more programs. Mar 29, 2016 Publisher, Access (PC only) The intent is to say that Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Access require Microsoft Windows to run. People are not good with punctuation these days, and that includes Microsoft.
|Initial release||1991; 29 years ago|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Type||Desktop publishing software|
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing application from Microsoft, differing from Microsoft Word in that the emphasis is placed on page layout and design rather than text composition and proofing.
Publisher For Mac Microsoft
Publisher is included in higher-end editions of Microsoft Office, reflecting Microsoft's emphasis on the application as an easy-to-use and less expensive alternative to the 'heavyweights' with a focus on the small-business market, where firms do not have dedicated design professionals available to make marketing materials and other documents. However, it has a relatively small share of the desktop publishing market, which is dominated by Adobe InDesign and formerly by QuarkXPress.
While most Microsoft Office apps adopted ribbons for their user interface starting with Microsoft Office 2007, Publisher retained its toolbars and did not adopt ribbons until Microsoft Office 2010.
LibreOffice has supported Publisher's proprietary file format (.pub) since February 2013.Corel Draw X4 features read-only support.
Publisher supports numerous other file formats, including the Enhanced Metafile (EMF) format, which is supported on Windows platforms. The Microsoft Publisher trial version can be used to view .pub files beyond the trial period.
Adobe PageMaker also saved files with a .pub extension, but the two file formats were unrelated and incompatible.
|Name||Version number||Release date||Editions of Microsoft Office included in|
|Microsoft Publisher||1.0||Late 1991 (approx.)||N/A|
|Microsoft Publisher||2.0||Jul 12, 1993||N/A|
|Publisher for Windows 95 (beginning to transition to 32-bit)||3.0||Aug 24, 1995||N/A|
|Microsoft Publisher 97||4.0||Oct 21, 1996||Small Business Edition|
|Microsoft Publisher 98 (first fully 32-bit)||5.0||Mar 23, 1998||Small Business Edition 2.0|
|Microsoft Publisher 2000||6.0||Jun 7, 1999||Small Business Edition, Professional, Premium, Developer|
|Microsoft Publisher 2002||10.0[a]||May 31, 2001||Professional OEM, Professional Special Edition|
|Microsoft Office Publisher 2003||11.0||Oct 21, 2003||Small Business, Professional, Professional Plus, Enterprise|
|Microsoft Office Publisher 2007||12.0||Jan 30, 2007||Small Business, Professional, Ultimate, Professional Plus, Enterprise|
|Microsoft Publisher 2010||14.0[b]||Jun 15, 2010||Standard, Professional, Professional Plus|
|Microsoft Publisher 2013||15.0||Jan 29, 2013||Professional, Professional Plus, Standard (volume licensing), all Office 365 editions|
|Microsoft Publisher 2016||16.0||Sep 22, 2015|
|Microsoft Publisher 2019||Sep 24, 2018|
- ^Starting with Publisher 2002, the version number jumps to 10.0 to tally Microsoft Office versions.
- ^Version 13 was skipped due to the superstition attached to the number 13.
Publisher Microsoft Mac Free Download
- Ventura Publisher, the first popular desktop publishing package for IBM PC compatible computers
- Timeworks Publisher (a major competitor in the marketplace in the early 1990s)
- ^'Release notes for Current Channel releases in 2020'. Microsoft Docs. Retrieved July 19, 2020.
- ^Tom Warren (September 24, 2018). 'Microsoft launches Office 2019 for Windows and Mac'. The Verge. Retrieved December 25, 2019.
- ^ ab'Desktop Publishing Software 2007 Style'. Computor edge. July 27, 2007. Archived from the original on September 2, 2011. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- ^'Office Publisher 07'. PC World Australia. IDG. Archived from the original on July 28, 2012. Retrieved February 13, 2012..
- ^'User interface differences in Office 2010 vs earlier versions'. TechNet. Microsoft. Archived from the original on April 12, 2016. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- ^'Archived copy'. Archived from the original on May 18, 2017. Retrieved April 9, 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^'Where is the Publisher viewer?'. Microsoft. Archived from the original on March 16, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- ^'Where is the Publisher viewer?'. Microsoft. Retrieved March 9, 2020.
- ^'Publisher Life-cycle'. Microsoft. Archived from the original on September 26, 2011. Retrieved October 23, 2011.
- ^Paul Thurrott (May 14, 2009). 'Office 2010 FAQ'. Archived from the original on April 19, 2009. Retrieved December 30, 2009.
- Official website
- Microsoft Publisher blog (last updated December 2009) on MSDN Blogs