Snipping Tool is a screen capture utility that is included in all Windows Operating System. This program is the most convenient way to take screenshot. It features different capture modes such as Free-form Snip, Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, and Full-screen Snip. Plus, this app also has a pen and a highlighter, which are beneficial in adding marks. But in spite of these, Snipping Tool can only run on Windows OS and it’s not supported in other operating platform like Mac. Many users who switch from Windows to Mac may look for the same functions brought by Snipping Tool for Mac. There are many programs out there that can serve as Snipping Tool alternative for Mac and three of them will the provided after the jump.
- How To Take A Snip On Mac
- Snipping Tool Mac Download
- Snipping Tool For Mac Os
- Snipping Tools For Mac Free Download
- Free Snipping Tool For Mac
Best snipping tool for Windows and Mac OS. Our tool can: cut any part of the screenshot, make notes, combine several screenshots, save in cloud storage, and share with anyone via short-link. Snipping Tool App is absolutely free to use. Download the latest version right now! For Windows For Mac OS. Probably the coolest component of this snipping tool for Mac is the capacity to capture text from an image and glue it into a text editor. To get to the full scope of features, you need to pay $50, which is a smidgen costly contrast with different tools.
- BetterSnapTool is very customizable and will change the way you work with your Mac! It supports multiple monitors, hidden docks etc. You can change the design of the preview overlays and even set application specific snapping sizes! BetterSnapTool works with almost every application, only some apps with non-standard windows can't be supported.
- The snipping tool for Mac also provides a fuss free way to save your work or attach them to email in convenience. It has more functions than the Windows snipping tools, and more importantly, it makes everything interesting and funny.
- Any snipping tool will give you the option to edit the screenshot as per your choice, and also help you save the image in various formats like JPEG, PNG, GIF, etcetera. The following are some of the best snipping tools for Mac you can get right now. Best lightweight Mac snipping tool – Apowersoft Mac Screenshot. This snipping tool download.
Top Three Snipping Tool on Mac
Apowersoft Mac Screenshot
The first Snipping Tool alternative for Mac that you can use is Apowersoft Mac Screenshot. This program is designed and created to fit in any device that runs on Mac OS X. It has simple yet powerful screen capture capabilities that will allow you to take “Regional screenshot”, and “Full screenshot”. Some of the features that you can get from this app include:
- Take screenshot of anything shown on Mac screen
- Numerous snapshot outputs
- Annotate the screenshot with various editing options
- Upload and share captured screenshot with just one click
- Magnify screen to enhance the image’s readability
These helpful features show that Apowersoft Mac Screenshot is the best Mac Snipping Tool that you can use since these features can rarely been seen together in one program. Plus, this tool enables users to make some necessary settings according to their preference, just like setting the hotkeys, output folder, and the image format to be used. It is indeed a complete program that is worth a try.
Here are the steps in taking screenshot using this screen cap tool.
- Click the download button above and install it.
- Change the default settings in “Options”.
- Show something that you need to capture from your Mac screen and then click the hotkey that you’ve set.
- Hover the mouse above the portion you want to capture and drag along it, then release your mouse.
- An image preview with an image editor will be shown where you can add simple annotations.
- Once editing is done, you can save the image either to local disk or save it to cloud storage.
Grab for Mac
Another Snipping Tool on Mac that you can use is Grab. This is a built-in utility tool that is included in every OS X running devices. This is comparable to Windows Snipping Tool since it also has various modes like Selection, Window, Screen, and Timed Screen. To use this program simply click “Finder” > “Applications” > “Utilities” > “Grab” and then open it. In order to take screenshot, hit “Capture” function and choose the capture mode based on your needs. Some of its features include:
- An easy to use interface
- Different screen capture modes
- It’s free of charge
Grab can be a great Mac Snipping Tool that you can utilize, however one of the downsides is that the captured image can be automatically saved in TIFF format. If you desire you save it in other formats, you can change it in the “Preview” app.
How To Take A Snip On Mac
Snipping Tool Mac Download
The next free Snipping Tool for Mac that we have is the Skitch. This is a well-known screen capture program that is created by Evernote. It is capable of taking multiple screenshots easily without any incompatibility issues with Mac OS X. It also has a screenshot editing and sharing functions. This tool has features that include:
- A straightforward interface
- One click screenshot function
- Has a built-in annotating program
Snipping Tool For Mac Os
Skitch for Mac can be a good Snipping Tool alternative for Mac. This is due to the fact that it provides more functions than the Windows Snipping Tool, such as various image annotation options. Moreover, it allows easy sharing of captured screenshot from one person to another via internet.
Snipping Tools For Mac Free Download
These are the various programs that act like Snipping Tool for OS X users. However, it is recommended to use the first Snipping Tool for Mac, for this program is packed with many powerful functions such as uploading and sharing image online.