Sparrow is a minimalist mail application for Mac. It was designed to keep things simple and efficient. No fancy stuff here. Just your mail and nothing else. Discuss email privately. Invite teammates to discuss specific email and threads. Ask questions, get answers, and keep everyone in the loop. The new Spark feels like the first product that may finally solve email communication and assignments for the MacStories team. Email clients come in all shapes and sizes, but when it comes to the options available on the Mac, we feel that Airmail is the best email client for most people. It’s easy to use, supports a. As one of the nation's premier health clubs, the health of our community is our top priority. From our state-of-the-art fitness facilities to our unrivaled fitness programs, Sparrow MAC is the best place to support and promote your health. Find out more about all the Sparrow MAC has to offer.
|Initial release||February 9, 2011; 9 years ago|
Sparrow was an email client for OS X and iOS. After a 4-month beta period, Sparrow went on sale in the Mac App Store on February 9, 2011 and became the top paid and top grossing app in less than one day. On July 20, 2012, the company announced that it had been acquired by Google and was ceasing continued development of the application except for critical bug fixes.
Sparrow uses a simplified user interface reminiscent of Twitter clients such as Tweetie or iOS apps, as opposed to a more traditional email style such as Apple's Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird. Sparrow currently works with Gmail and Google Apps accounts, along with other IMAP email accounts. It also includes features such as drag-and-drop attachments, Dropbox or Box.net support for uploading attachments, Growl support, Gmail labels and keyboard shortcuts, as well as quick replies, threaded replies and easy switching between accounts.
In March 2012, Sparrow for iOS was released in the App Store.
Acquisition by Google
On July 20, 2012, Sparrow and Google jointly announced that Sparrow had been purchased by Google and the company's employees would be added to their Gmail team. Due to this, they also announced that development of both of Sparrow's apps would be ended except for critical bug fixes.
The purchase and subsequent discontinuation prompted criticism from some tech sites, who were uncertain about the future of the apps. Sean Gallagher of Ars Technica wrote he was concerned for the app's future given Google's previous history of buying out and subsequently abandoning development on other startups such as reMail, Meebo and Quickoffice.Rafe Needleman of CNET wrote that the purchase combined with the ceasing development of Mozilla Thunderbird meant there was a growing lack of quality desktop mail clients.Rob Beschizza of Boing Boing created a satirical video instructing users to prepare for the acquisition by deleting the app from their computer.
However, TIME noted that the acquisition may lead to better apps for Gmail. Adrian Covert of Gizmodo expressed excitement about a possible official desktop client for Gmail.
In 2014, Google released Inbox by Gmail, an email app with functionality similar to Sparrow. Inbox was shut down by Google on April 2, 2019.
- ^ abForesman, Chris (February 10, 2011). 'Sparrow 1.0 hands-on: smooth, highly usable e-mail for the Mac'. Ars Technica. Condé Nast Digital. Retrieved February 11, 2011.
- ^Gruber, John (October 5, 2010). 'Sparrow — New Email Client for Mac OS X'. Daring Fireball. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^Pash, Adam (October 5, 2010). 'Sparrow Is an Attractive, Minimal Email Client'. Lifehacker. Gawker Media. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^Cormier, Josh (October 4, 2010). 'Sparrow. A Mac Mail client fluttering aimlessly with little originality'. The Next Web. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^Hamburger, Ellis (March 14, 2012). 'Sparrow takes flight: how a startup built the Gmail app Google couldn't'. The Verge. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^Cunningham, Andrew (July 20, 2012). 'Google acquires Sparrow, integrates it into the Gmail team'. Ars Technica. Condé Nast Digital. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^ abMcCracken, Harry (July 20, 2012). 'Uh Oh: Google Is Buying Sparrow'. TIME. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^Albanesius, Chloe (July 20, 2012). 'Google Acquires Email Client Sparrow'. PC Magazine. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^Gallagher, Sean (July 20, 2012). 'You shall know Google by its trail of dead—a Sparrow user's lament'. Ars Technica. Condé Nast Digital. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^Needleman, Rafe (July 20, 2012). 'First Thunderbird, now Sparrow? We need e-mail clients, please'. CNET. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^Beschizza, Rob (July 20, 2012). 'How to prepare for Google's acquisition of Sparrow'. Boing Boing. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- ^Covert, Adrian (July 20, 2012). 'Sparrow's Awesome Email Clients Are Now Property of Google'. Gizmodo. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
Send your Sparrow on MacOS emails with style.
Create your own customized and professionally designed HTML email signature for Sparrow on MacOS with Email Signature Rescue.
Select any of our HTML email signature templates and customize it with your own details, using our Email Signature Rescue software. No HTML knowledge needed.
Add your own contact details to the Sparrow on MacOS signature like your name, role, company name, email, phone numbers, addresses and more.
Upload your business logo, profile images and banners, and add links to your social pages like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Over 90 social networks are included, in 20+ colors to choose from to match your business branding.
When you have finished customizing your Sparrow on MacOS email signature, Email Signature Rescue saves your signature to your Dashboard for editing later and provides the HTML file or API Key for you to install your signature in Sparrow on MacOS, following our website's easy instructions and videos.
Or send all HTML files or API Keys to your staff, from the Dashboard and have a consistent, standardized HTML email signature installed in over 50 major email clients, for all your employees.
See our templates
Creating, Customizing and Installing your Sparrow on MacOS Email Signature
Create and manage all your HTML email signatures from your Online Dashboard. Login to create new signatures, duplicate signatures, delete signatures and edit signatures at any time.
Live Preview Editor
Design and customize your Sparrow on MacOS email signature template with our Live Preview Editor. Add your name, role, email, address, telephone numbers, images, banners, social media icons and more.
Sparrow Mail Mac Download
Install Email Signatures
Install your HTML email signatures in Sparrow on MacOS following easy installation guides and videos.
Social Media Icons
Choose from an extensive library of over 200,000 social media icons. That's 90+ social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more, in 30+ colors, 8+ styles and 11 sizes.
Upload your own images, photos, banners and logos using our built-in image editor. Crop, circle-crop and resize images easily and add them to the Professional Email Signature Template design.
Tested Across Email Clients
We test all of our email signature templates sending to and receiving from all major email clients. Just follow our easy guide when creating your own Sparrow on MacOS email signature template to ensure it remains looking good.
20+ Email Signature Templates
You don't just get one email signature template, you get all 20+ professional email signature templates included in our software.
Sparrow Mail App
7 Day Money Back Guarantee
Sparrow Mail For Mac Computers
Try the software today risk-free. If you're not happy, we offer a full refund within 7 days of purchase.
Our Sparrow on MacOS Email Signature Designs
Sparrow Mac Schedule
These are just some of the designs you can create using Email Signature Rescue for Sparrow on MacOS. Click to learn more.